These General Terms and Conditions of Business (GTCs) apply to all contracts concluded by Michael Mientus GmbH with consumers (§ 13 German Civil Code). A consumer is any natural person, who concludes a legal transaction for a purpose, which can be attributed neither to his / her commercial nor to to his / her professional activities.
2. Contractual partners, customer service
The sales contract is concluded with Michael Mientus GmbH. Further information about us can be found in the company details. You can contact our Customer Service Department for queries, claims and complaints Monday to Friday, 10am - 6pm by e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Conclusion of contract
We are entitled to accept your order by sending a separate confirmation of order by e-mail or by delivering the goods within seven business days. You will be notified directly of confirmation of receipt by automated e-mail, as soon as the order has been submitted. This does not constitute any acceptance whatsoever of the contract.
- The prices at the time of order applies.
- All prices quoted on mientus.com are consumer prices and include VAT for deliveries inside the EU.
- For deliveries outside the EU VAT is deducted from all prices quoted on mientus.com.
- The prices on mientus.com do not include import taxes and customs duties of the respective destination country. Any applicable customs duties and import turnover tax on delivery to countries subject to customs duties shall be borne by the receiver and shall be invoiced separately by UPS at the time of service.
- Promotional offers in our shop may be time-limited or limited in terms of quantity. Details can seen in the product description.
Payment can be made by KLARNA Sofort. online bank transfer, American Express (Safe Key), VISA (Verified by VISA), MasterCard (MasterCard SecureCode), JCB, PayPal or EC Direct Debit.
KLARNA Sofort. online bank transfer
This payment method is a payment system operated by KLARNA Sofort. You pay direct via your online bank account, where maximum security is provided by means of PIN/TAN requests and through TÜV- (Technical Inspection Association) approved data protection.
Credit card VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, JCB (Concardis PayEngine)
Your credit card will be debited once the order has been completed. We accept Visa ( with Verified by Visa), MasterCard (with MasterCard SecureCode), American Express (with Safe Key), JCB.
You can pay direct via your PayPal account. You must be registered or register with PayPal for this option. Once your PayPal account has been authenticated you can confirm your payment instructions to us. As soon as our PayPal account has been notified that your account has been authorised the goods will be dispatched, depending on the delivery period specified for the item. Once the goods have been shipped, your PayPal account will, after deduction of any discounts, gift vouchers etc., be debited with the actual invoice amount.
PayPal Plus offers the possibility to pay without a PayPal account. Here you can pay with EC Direct Debit, or VISA and MasterCard.
- Unless delivery deadlines have been otherwise agreed (especially EU or Worldwide Shipping), the delivery period within Germany will be up to five working days from receipt of order.
- We will notify you immediately of any delays in delivery.
- In the event of the goods ordered being unavailable we reserve the right not to deliver. In this case we will notify you of the situation immediately and promptly reimburse any considerations already received.
- mientus.com delivers worldwide with UPS Express Saver. All prices on mientus.com do not include import taxes and customs duties of the respective destination country. Any applicable customs duties and import turnover tax on delivery to countries subject to customs duties shall be borne by the consignee and shall be invoiced separately by UPS at the time of service.
- The costs resulting from the rejection of the acceptance of a package have to be borne by the customer
- The costs resulting from the cancellation of an order after dispatch, have to be borne by the customer.
- mientus.com will not ship to PO Boxes.
7. Shipping costs / delivery areas
Within Germany we deliver free-of-charge by UPS/ DHL Standard Shipping;
Inside the European Union we deliver our goods with UPS Standard Shipping. Shipping costs are not included in the prices quoted in the Online Store. These are our delivery options:
14.90 € – UPS (3-7 business days)
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
17.90 € – UPS (3-7 business days)
Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia
35.00 € – UPS (7 to 21 business days) Cyprus
Wordwide Shipping (up to 5 kg):
20.00 € – UPS (3-7 business days)
22.00 € – UPS (3-7 business days)
70.00 € – UPS Express Saver
Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA
Any applicable customs duties and import turnover tax on delivery to countries subject to customs duties shall be borne by the consignee and shall be invoiced separately by UPS at the time of service. We do not deliver to po boxes.The right of withdrawal does not apply to distance contracts for deliveries outside the European Union.
8. Collection by customer
We only deliver by dispatch. We regret that it is not possible for customers to collect goods.
9. Retention of title
The goods shall remain our property until full payment has been received.
10. Right of retention
You may only exercise a right of retention if the claims arise from the same contractual relationship.
11. Agreement on allocation of costs in cases of exercise of the right of revocation
If goods are returned within Germany via DHL and the DHL return shipping label is used, you will incur no further charges. For deliveries from the EU the costs of returning goods shall be borne by the customer.
12. Guidance on revocation pursuant to §312g
Consumers in the EU have a 14-day right of revocation.
Guidance on revocation
Right of withdrawal
Consumers in the EU have a 14-day right of revocation. You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Michael Mientus GmbH, Wilmersdorfer Straße 73, 10629 Berlin) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. e-mail or a letter sent by post). You may use the model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
The withdrawal should be addressed to:
Michael Mientus GmbH
Wilmersdorfer Straße 73
10629 Berlin, Germany
Return Policy inside Germany:
You can request a return shipping label for the cost-free return of goods by DHL within Germany at firstname.lastname@example.org. Returning goods is free-of-charge and insured, if they are returned from within Germany. The products you return must be in a new, unused and unworn condition with all the original packaging. Garment tags must still be attached and our special mientus.com tag must be intact on all returned items.
Return Policy inside the EU:
Consumers in the EU have a 14-day right of revocation. You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason at any time within 14 days of receipt, for a full refund or exchange. The products you return must be in a new, unused and unworn condition with all the original packaging. Garment tags must still be attached and our special mientus.com tag must be intact on all returned items.
The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by the customer.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us via email at email@example.com. We will credit the value of the goods to you without delay upon receipt of the goods returned by you. Please send the goods at your own expense within 14 days to the following address, using a shipping service of your choice:
Michael Mientus GmbH
Wilmersdorfer Straße 73
Tel.:+ 49 - (0)30 - 323 90 77
Consequences of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. We will bear the cost of returning the goods if you ship inside Germany. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
There is no right of revocation in the case of distance selling contracts
- for the supply of goods which have been manufactured to customer specifications, which have been unambiguously purpose-made according to personal requirements, which by virtue of their nature are not suitable for return or are liable to deteriorate rapidly, or whose expiry date has exceeded.
- for deliveries outside the EU. The costs, resulting from a refusal to accept a parcel, will be borne by the customer, as well as the return costs and additional service charges by our shipping service provider.
- for the delivery of newspapers, journals and magazines, unless the consumer has submitted his statement of contractual agreement by telephone.
13. Conditions of warranty / guarantee, ODR platform
Michael Mientus GmbH shall be liable for defects of goods and title in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions, in particular § 434 et seq. German Civil Code. The statute of limitations for statutory claims for defects is two years and begins upon delivery of the goods. The statutory warranty rights exist for all goods from our shop.
The European Commission has set up an online platform for out-of-court resolution to consumer disputes (ODR platform). The platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. We are not prepared nor obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer complaints office.
14. Waste disposal / environmental provisions
Some products are supplied with batteries or rechargeable batteries. Please observe the disposal instructions for these items.*
Electronic devices and batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. Consumers can dispose of their electronic waste in one of the local authority collection points.
* Waste disposal instructions: Batteries Act
Some products are supplied with batteries or rechargeable batteries. Pursuant to the German Batteries Act we as merchants are obliged to draw your attention to the special provisions for the waste disposal of batteries:
Under the Batteries Act the disposal of batteries in household waste is expressly forbidden. Used batteries must be disposed of at appropriate collection points in your surrounding area. Naturally, we will take back any used batteries, which we supplied to you. Simply send them to this address:
Michael Mientus GmbH
Of course, you can also dispose of them in the disposal facilities in your local shops.
Batteries which contain hazardous substances are marked with the symbol of a refuse bin with a cross drawn across it. Beneath the refuse bin symbol the chemicals contained are specified. The abbreviation Cd stands for cadmium, Pb for lead and Hg for mercury.
15. Storage of the text of the contract
We store the text of the contract and send you the order details and our GTCs by e-mail. You can also read and download the GTCs at any time from our website. You can review your previous orders in our Customer log-in area.
16. Language of the contract
The contract will be concluded in German.
Michael Mientus GmbH
Stand: October 2018